KID'S CODE OF CONDUCT!
- I'll play whatever position my coach gives me with a smile.
- I'll bat whatever number I'm given with a smile.
- If an umpire makes a “bad” call against my team, I'll let my coach deal with it.
- I won't yell or complain to my teammates.
- I won't antagonize or irritate my opponents.
- I won't communicate with the umpire unless he speaks to me. In this case, I'll always talk with respect.
- I'll have fun and I'll keep in mind that it's a game.
- I'll line up and say "Good Game" to my opponents whether I win or lose.
- I'll thank my coach and the umpire after the game.
- I'll thank whoever drives me to and from the game, and I'll offer to help carry equipment in or out if necessary.
Some games can be frustrating. Your team might lose by one point because of a mistake, or your team might lose by 20 points. The umpire might make a bad call, or the teams might be unfair. It's ok to be disappointed.
You also might have a game when your team wins by a lot. Or you win a close game. It could be your team lost but you had a great game. It’s ok to celebrate. Just remember not to overdo it.
First and foremost, you're a Ben Torah. We're trying to make a Kiddush Hashem at every game. Thanks for being awesome!